As far am I am able to recollect, this is quickly becoming THE worst and most boring Chinese New Year I've experienced.
What happened to all the card games, the laughter, the oranges, the silly chanting, the screams from the Black Jack table, the crazy moments in my room, the photos, the football, EVERYTHING.
And by the looks of the Penang traffic, going out and parking at shopping malls is going to be quite a hassle. Not that I even wanna go out to places like Gurney Plaza or Queensbay. Been watching so many movies these few days that Bride Wars and the foreign films remain the only ones I haven't seen.
Even going out is boring nowadays. It lacks the spark of old, where we'd spend hours walking around aimlessly, being the loudest amongst the crowd at restaurants, boring ourselves to death at the arcade and pool table, flooding my home porch with cars, swinging the Wii remote like a dildo, having magical moments on the bed (them, not me!), me shooing you people away late at night and despite that feeling a great deal of satisfaction, an accomplishment being that my friends or the people who I go out with haven't been longing for me to disappear from existance.
Or so it seems.
Be it also no coincidence that for the first time ever, I have stayed home for the entire duration of Chinese New Year, hoping that I'd be able to catch up on what was missed while at times I was elsewhere. But now it seems to me that I've missed nothing, and that all the times spent overseas were a much healtier option compared to now.
Over the past few days, I've learnt that despite friends being the last group of people in the world I would want to be without, my family are those annoying horde of people that you can always count on, no matter whatever and however the situation and that they'll always be there for you, for better or for worse.
No disrespect to my friends whatsover.
Just spewing out jumbled up thoughts into one post. Do mind the unorderly arrangements of thoughts. It's just been a while since I last posted, and I've been doing a lot of thinking recently, most of which I can't reveal here.
But I do still feel sore about still having to wait for interviews, replies from universities, preparing for phantom interviews when my future could and would have been much plain sailing, had I only studied a bit harder for HSC. I know it's been ages since then, but such wounds cling on to you as the memories from your first kiss, your first trophy or even your first pet to the day when you realise that she's been sleeping with another guy, that you've been bulldozed over in an attempt to retain that trophy and that that pet of yours is about to be put down for infecting a person with rabies.
Had I not made the choices I've been making since birth, I probably wouldn't be who I am today, but the choice not to study harder despite being lazy has cost me my holiday, while I could be sitting back, relaxing, waiting for the calendar pages to flip by to the day that I leave.
This is becoming like a Yench post now I realised. Only more shallow and not as lengthy.
I WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL!
I WANT TO CHASE AFTER A STUPID BALL TILL MY LEGS DROP OFF!
I WANT TO BREAK PEOPLE LEGS WHILE IM AT IT!
I WANT TO BLAST A HOLE IN THE NET!
Such is the madness of a deranged football fan.
Shall stop here, before everything goes out of hand.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
CNY
Posted by Not you at 11:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment