CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Monash

I shall be reverting to be original style of blogging, or rather what's left of it. Otherwise, there's really no point of me putting the welcoming messaging before people venture here. But of course, I'll be censoring the profanities just in case.


So I've finally started university. Fuck awesome! It really is. Great campus (albeit small). Has a huge-ass library. Funny lecturers who make seemingly boring lectures oh-so interesting. And of course, many old friends as well, which makes integrating into the college community less tedious than one would normally face. And of course realising that you're finally in university, that you're all alone to do whatever you want, whenever u want!

There's only one problem. Nerds. Okay, fine. Enrolling into medicine - one of the most demanding and competitive courses meant that my best friends' best friends were going to be books as well.

But dude, seriously.

Not when they flood the bookshop right after lecture in search of textbooks mentioned by the lecturers on the very first academic day.

Not when on the second day, the whole lot of them are spread across the library, studying.

Not when on the third day - today, all the prescribed textbooks have gone missing from the library. 

And especially not when all but a few of your friends, have also been converted to the dark-side.

I'm into my fourth day now. Literally, since its already past midnight. Wonder what else lies in wait.

Oh yes, and I have to do National Language A, which is Malay. All because I failed to sit for SPM while I away in Singapore doing my IGCSE. Oh wait, I was doing HSC by then. Either way, it seems that getting an A* for IGCSE isn't seen on the same wavelength as attaining a credit for SPM Malay, which is a C grade. Right?

And although I wish I was staying at the hostel with the rest, but hey, who's to argue that I'm really enjoying life here. I really am! Apparently, my neighbour has a daughter, get this, daughter who's a state futsal player! So yeah, I'm really looking forward to meeting her!

Well I won't be blogging as much as I'll probably be doing other stuff. Have to learn to prioritise in order to survive in uni. So for now, tata!

0 comments: