CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

At last

So after almost a year of indecision, distraught and worry, I've finally found a home in the form of Monash University KL for the next 5 years.

Funny thing though. Before the interview, I started off with zero places in any medical school anywhere. But shortly after reaching my relative's place in Subang, I received a call from IMU offering me a place in their PMS, a place I had been chasing for the last half a year or so. An hour later, I got a call from my dad saying that University of Tasmania sent all rejected applicants like me an e-mail asking if I was still interested in medicine as they would consider giving us places should anyone drop out. And yesterday, dad called again and said PMC offered me a place as well.

And considering I'm in Australia now preparing for my interview for Bond University, from having no places at all, in the space of 3 days, I have suddenly become really, really popular! Yay me!

But I'm somewhat relieved that Monash KL offered me a place, so that I wouldn't be stuck in Sydney after such short notice and partly because I can go back to Penang relatively easier, since I have relatives going back all the time. But all in all, I want to make it to an overseas university. Not that I think that local unis are crap or anything, but I want the exposure of having to live life all by myself and meeting new people from all over the world, not just Malaysia.

Ok, so if i had gone to Sydney Uni, I would have probably been able to achieve the same thing as well, but lets just say that I wanna have a proper farewell to all my friends, do what I've been wanting to do at home and most importantly, spend the time of my life with my family first before I finally set out on my adventure, which I feel Bond will give me, should I get a place.

So yesh, me is preparing hard to go to Bond, but to the people at home, don't worry and be wary for I shall return! And to the other 14 people who I know at Monash, you're going to be seeing me more often than not, so do put up with me. Oh and Lun Xiang included, since Sunway College is so close to Monash.

I apologise if my blog posts have been about nothing else but uni crap. But since I've already gotten in, there's nothing else left to ramble about. I think. I hope. We'll see. And at least it's better than me rambling about football. Right?

See you guys when I get back from Australia!

0 comments: